Maryview School Learning Commons Google Website
Please click the link provided and it will take you to Maryview School Learning Commons Google Website. Here you will find Maryview Schools Summer Literacy Activity, complete an activity sheet for July and August and recieve an entry form for each sheet completed for a chance to win a $15.00 Chapters Gift card.
Check out the many links for virtual online reading and fun activites.
Learning Commons Website
To access the Learning Commons website, click here.
What is a Learning Commons?
A learning commons is more than a library, it's a physical or virtual space that allows students to be engaged and deepen their learning by critically thinking, problem-solving, collaborating, innovating and communicating. The goal is to broaden student learning beyond the classroom and community. For more information, visit the Alberta Education website.
Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools has developed the RDCRS READS Program to foster a love of reading through continued access to books. This is done through a partnership with schools' Learning Commons and creating classrooms rich in literacy.
This focus continues to inspire the love of reading in all elementary, middle and high school students.
Our schools foster a love of reading throughout the year:
- One School One Book coming in 2020/2021
- Student choice
- Book tournaments
- Book tastings
- Many fun and engaging Literacy Activities
- Interactive and engaging Learning Commons
RDCRS READS continues into the summer months by promoting reading growth.
You can foster a love of reading over the summer months:
- Check out our Learning Commons Google Website for links to virtual online reading and more fun Literacy based activities.
- Read a book to a friend or your grandparents over Google meet.
- Check out your local libraries for any virtual events or activities link can be found on our Learning Commons Google Website
- Bring a book with you on holidays, when you go to the park or to the beach.
- Enjoy a good book before bed.
- Discover digital books that you can take anywhere with you, go to our Learning Commons Google Website for links.
- Enjoy a variety of reading materials, such as magazines, graphic novels, picture books, comics, etc.
This award-winning program is designed to strengthen students' literacy skills.
Share with us images of you or your child reading on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at #rdcrsreads.
“I read books, because I love them, not because I think I should read them.” - Simon Van Booy, Author.